If you have already registered, and you will NOT be able to attend, please UNregister so the limited seating can be fully utilized.
- 8:00 – 9:30 Project Management Showcase (Atrium) Featuring table displays of outstanding projects and project management resources from across the Kentuckiana project management community
- 9:15 – 9:25 Welcome (Conference Center)
- 9:25 – 10:15 The Value of Project & Portfolio Management – Bart Perkins Principal, Leverage Partners -
Exploring how the project and portfolio management can position organizations to achieve real business value; identifying best practices and common pitfalls.
- 10:30 – 11:20 Indispensable: Delivering on Brand Promise - Eugene C. Bounds, PMP Senior Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton - Decades-long trends (global supply chains, faster time to market, outsourcing and off shoring) demand more agility from organizations. An increasing share of organizational resources is devoted to projects. So their effective management is indispensable for business results today, and will be indispensable for business survival tomorrow.
- 11:25 – 11:55* Traceability: Why Connecting the Dots is Important – Jen Colburn Senior Business Analyst, Kindred Healthcare Learn about Enterprise Traceability and Requirements Traceability and why they are important for successful projects.
- 12:00 – 12:30 Keynote Speaker – Karl F. Schmitt, Jr. Executive Director, Louisville Sports Commission
- 12:40 – 1:10 Keynote Speaker – Julie G. Klier Senior Event Producer & Associate Producer/Logistics 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games
- 1:15 – 1:45* Traceability: Why Connecting the Dots is Important – Jen Colburn See Description Above – Duplicate Session*
- 1:50 - 2:40 The Intricacies of Project Communications – Gary Hughes Project Manager, Churchill Downs The intricacies of communication - ways to make your project fail and how to make it more successful. Exploring the power of the water cooler, the dangers of text, and how assumptions communicate way more than we would ever believe.
- 2:55 – 3:45 The Ohio Bridges Project – John Sacksteder Consultant Project Manager of the Louisville – Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridges Project The Ohio River Bridges Project is a priority national transportation project under Presidential Order and this presentation explores the challenges associated with undertaking a project of this importance, visibility and complexity.
- 3:45 – 4:00 Closing Remarks
* The Traceability seminar is being offered twice to allow participants to leave for lunch during one of the offerings