We have performed extensive utility validation services on numerous projects. Following steps were utilized in identifying and documenting utilities during design and construction.
· Obtain existing utility drawings
· Develop electronic files in CAD format to document the existing utility information
· Coordinate with various utility agencies to authenticate the locations of utilities
· Identify the utilities in the field
· Perform Vacuum excavation at the identified locations
· Document the utility information
· Coordinate with the survey crew to obtain horizontal and vertical information of the utility
· Download the survey information on to the plans and compare the field information with the information obtained from the existing plans and revise the plans as necessary.
· Coordinate with utility companies and identify any conflicts with the proposed design
· Develop solutions to mitigate the problem
· Identify any proposed utility expansion plans
· Study the potential proposed utility expansion plan on the design
· Coordinate with the utility companies and keep them abreast of the proposed design